The principle role of the Insurance Program Specialist is to provide best-in-class customer service and claims assistance to carriers, contractors, policyholders, and other service providers. The Insurance Program Specialist serves as a key role by managing daily tasks, timelines, and stakeholders to drive the completion of each claim.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to inquiries and requests from various customers in a timely manner using telephone and/or email.
- Review insurance claim assignments to ensure contractor compliance with standards set forth in best practices.
- Manage prescribed territory to ensure adherence to timeframe requirements.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and/or support on respective software programs.
- Communicate weekly with Regional Field Managers and external Marketing Claim Offices regarding outstanding issues related to claims and contractors in their assigned areas.
- Train contractors and adjusters on all Alacrity products as needed.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- BA/BS preferred.
- 1-3 years customer service experience in an office environment.
- Insurance industry or construction experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with general contractors/vendors is a plus.
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple priorities.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of web browsers – Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Knowledge in Claims Management Systems a plus.
- Must be able to work in both a team environment and autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leadership.
- Problem solving skills, including issue resolution and positioning.
- Participate in the creation and execution of processes and procedures.
- Self-motivated and independently able to prioritize tasks and resolve issues.
- Multi-channel communication and support experience including instant messaging, e-mail and phone calls with customers.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard work-weeks (i.e. 8 AM to 5 PM Wednesday through Sunday) desired; willing to work additional hours or make shift adjustments as determined by business needs.
About Alacrity Services
Alacrity Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lowe’s Companies, Inc., providing leading Property Casualty Claim Solutions since 1999. Today, Alacrity Services has the best, most complete online Independent Contractor Network in the direct repair service industry. While our Contractor Network and the leading-edge applications which support it are the core of our business, we continue to expand our services in line with our customers' needs.
Alacrity Services is proud to be named by The Oregonian as a Top 100 Workplace of 2016. As a major competitor in the industry, we understand the importance of creating a meaningful and well-balanced workplace environment, while maintaining a solid reputation in Property Casualty Claims Solutions.
To keep pace with client demands for better, faster, and more cost-effective services every day, Alacrity Services has offices strategically located in Eugene, OR, and Charlotte, NC, plus additional team members based in the field throughout the U.S. The measure of everything we do is what works best to maximize the quality and speed of property repair, restoration, and renovation service delivery to our customers. We are a national company that thinks and acts locally, bringing to bear the best technology and management resources available in order to achieve our clients' objectives.